Author Topic: hello  (Read 144 times)

Offline andypartington

• Global Moderator
hello
« on: June 06, 2021, 09:55:04 PM »
Hello all

My name is Andy Partington and thanks to tim for the invite to this group and all the recent help he has given. I have an interest in the manchester regiment in general with it being my one of my 2 local battalions in the past and an interest in the pals battalions especially the 19th manchesters
I work on the railway at manchester  and was a member of getting the missing london road memorial replaced at manchester piccadilly station on platform 10.

currently in the process of researching a fallen manchester pal from the 19th who is currently remembered at Thiepval and fingers crossed can be proved to be buried in one of the somme cemeteries

looking forward to being involved and learning from you all

Andy

Offline charlie

• Administrator
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:45:59 AM »
Hello Andy, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Charlie

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 11:27:59 AM »
welcome aboard andy

is the man your looking for frank,dickinson myerscough

mack

Offline Tim Bell

• Global Moderator
    • Grandad's Journey
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 01:41:19 PM »
Welcome on Board, Andy
Your current research is a great credit to your perisitence and I look forward to hearing progress. Not sure I helped much, other than a better photo and a little support for you quest.
On a similar theme we have a few 19th Bttn non-comm applications at the moment http://themanchesters.org/forum/index.php?board=82.0 that may be of interest and also numerous case, where we need other data. http://themanchesters.org/forum/index.php?board=76.0
Following one Platoon and everything around them....
http://17thmanchesters.wordpress.com/about/

Offline andypartington

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcome all

Mack   i wish it was frank dickenson myerscough   one of the sad stories of the london road memorial   as Frank is not on the london northwestern  railway role of honour he may have had to resign to join up therefore no longer classed as a railwayman. his colleagues funded the memorial at london road and added both himself  and mark potts to the list of names.  i was able to meet a relative not long after the memorial was unveiled which was nice and i was able to explain about the attack that he went missing in.  whenever we make it to thiepval he is always a name i look out for.  does his record still show the 9th manchesters which is obviously a typo as his medal record from the battalion clearly shows he was in the 19th   i presume as a replacement leading up to the somme campaign starting

Tim   the help you have given so far is invaluable and i will look at the links. i have started to collate the information, in regards to service records and some of the information on them is the national archives the best way again so that you can easily save copies.

cheers

Andy

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »
Hello all

My name is Andy Partington and thanks to tim for the invite to this group and all the recent help he has given. I have an interest in the manchester regiment in general with it being my one of my 2 local battalions in the past and an interest in the pals battalions especially the 19th manchesters
I work on the railway at manchester  and was a member of getting the missing london road memorial replaced at manchester piccadilly station on platform 10.

currently in the process of researching a fallen manchester pal from the 19th who is currently remembered at Thiepval and fingers crossed can be proved to be buried in one of the somme cemeteries

looking forward to being involved and learning from you all

Andy
sorry andy
i thought the man you was looking for was a railway man,ime guessing your looking for pte 11666 tom shaw

mack

Offline andypartington

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 08:09:51 PM »
Mack we still have  a few men unidentified on the memorial , with it being the railway people came from all over.  yep it is tom shaw im researching i have put up a post regarding the informstion we have at this time

Andy

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 08:52:59 PM »
you have a good case andy,i cant understand why the CWGC list him as a unknown soldier

mack

Offline themonsstar

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 07:07:32 AM »
Welcome Andy

Hope we can help you with your research.

All the best
Roy