Author Topic: Peel Hall Hospital - Lancashire  (Read 3351 times)

Mark T

Peel Hall Hospital - Lancashire
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »
Hi All
I am researching my great uncle who died in hospital as a result of contracting TB during his time as a POW I am looking for anyone who may have known him or was in any of the hospitals in the lancashire area his name was Herbert Holt (bert) he was 5th Batallion and died in March 1947.

His sister (my grandmother) has often wondered what he went through in hospital as he never spoke about it.

Any information gratefully recieved

Mark T

Robbo 46

Re: Peel Hall Hospital - Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »
hi Mark

I too had an uncle who went to Peel Hall and died 07 Dec 1948 their of TB he was in  27 Coy RAMC taken POW in Hong Kong

all I could find was Peel Hall Hospital Little Hutton Wosley (was once a family house)

Robbo 46

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
Re: Peel Hall Hospital - Lancashire
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »
Hi Mark !  and Welcome Robbo 46  ;D

If you type into Google "Peel Hall" TB there is quite a lot of info regarding that hospital.

Mark, has your grandmother considered applying for her brothers service record?  it would be available to her for a fee from http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/army.html and would probably hold quite a lot of info, as he contracted TB while a serving soldier.

Wendi  :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha