Author Topic: Life on the Veldt  (Read 4578 times)

Offline harribobs

• Site Monkey
  • Global Moderator
Life on the Veldt
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »

Life on the Veldt:  The Story of the Regiment’s Fight in South Africa 1899-1902

The Museum of the Manchester Regiment has mounted a special exhibition running from 5 January until 27 June 2009.

Between 1899 and 1902 the British were at war in South Africa.  Our new special exhibition shows what caused the war and how it developed.

It tells some of the experiences of Manchester Regiment men that served during the War.

On Tuesday 12th May 2009 Captain Robert Bonner will be giving a FREE talk in the Museum, from 7:15pm.  Did you have a relative that served in South Africa?  Would you like to learn more about their times?  If so, why not come along, listen and ask some questions.

If you would like to learn more about this period in the Regiment’s history why not visit the Museum of the Manchester Regiment, based in Ashton-under- Lyne’s impressive Victorian Town Hall as well as looking at our on-line exhibition at  www.tameside.gov.uk/museumsgalleries/mom/exhibitions

This special exhibition has been produced in partnership with Tameside Local Studies and Archives Centre.

For media enquiries please contact Garry Smith (Curator) on 0161 342 2254 or [email protected]                                    
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:37:29 PM by harribobs »
“It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply
  to serve as a warning to others."

liverpool annie

Re: Life on the Veldt
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »

I bet that's good .... has anybody been ??  :)

I wish Robert would consider selling transcripts of his talks ... for those of us who can't get there !

I'd been willing to stick some money in the hat !!

Annie  :)