Author Topic: Major George Leslie Northcote  (Read 15005 times)

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
Re: Major George Leslie Northcote
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »
Wow Pete  ;D (Thank you Captain B.  ;) )

I know you said on another post that finding out about your GGrandfather had "wetted your appetite" to find out more about your family.............well for us on themanchesters.org part of our existence is for all to be remembered & to assist others in research ~ with WW1 often a photo is unobtainable,

but here,

you not only have the wonderful photo, but so much more.  It just goes to show it's never too soon to start your research  :D  I fear you are hooked  ;D

Wendi  :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

Big Pete

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »
Hooked?.........guilty as charged. ;D

I have been touched by all the help and support I have recieved so far.

There is a long way to go, so many of my relatives served in both wars,  I can think of 6. I turned 40 last Sunday and the chance find of the picture seems to have sparked a thirst for knowledge. I can't explain it.

I hope I don't make a nuiscence of myself here  ;)

Thanks

pete

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
I hope I don't make a nuiscence of myself here  ;)

I'm sure you won't, stick around and you'll  become as much a valued member as Dave is.......and I have to say he has done you proud  ;D

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

Big Pete

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 10:01:03 PM »

and I have to say he has done you proud  ;D

He did do me proud, I was in tears reading it. Very emotional work this. But so rewarding.

I've just found out that George was engaged. That's more people to look up.

Thanks

pete

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
I officially announce your hooked  :D

Welcome to the group  ;D  Can I suggest that you record anything you ask your oldies from now on in, it's old advise, but good, 'cos you think you can remember/write everything down, but now something you miss in the translation, may mean loads in the future  ;)

Offline Red W

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 09:12:20 PM »
I'd be fascinated to know if any more details were found on George Northcote (my grandfather's company commander). Is Big Pete still out there? (I appreciate this is picking up an old thread)