Author Topic: Stanley Hugh CLAYTON Pte 4462065 Durham Light Infantry  (Read 3954 times)

djervis

Stanley Hugh CLAYTON Pte 4462065 Durham Light Infantry
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:17:37 AM »
Hello,

My uncle Stanley Hugh CLAYTON Pte 4462065, Durham Light Infantry died as a POW on 29 November 1942 in the Middle East, and commemorated at Caserta War Cemetery, Italy. I have written to the Red Cross about his time as a POW, but they hold as much information as I already have, which is limited. From research I have been unable to identify any areas he could have been held, can anyone please advise me on where I can go on line to further my research, or recommend a researcher, as I live in Australia and unable to visit. 

Kind regards
Denise

tisgrannie

Re: Stanley Hugh CLAYTON Pte 4462065 Durham Light Infantry
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
Hi there, could I ask did you get a full sheet of info from the RED CROSS. personal info. Where captured etc. Did you have to wait a while for the response? Just curious as we sent for one for a family friend and had to wait ages. Told what camp etc. Captured in Italy and taken to Germany. Just curious if you got the same kind of info as a family member. Have you also checked with the DLA for War Diaries.
regards
tisgrannie

djervis

Re: Stanley Hugh CLAYTON Pte 4462065 Durham Light Infantry
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »
Hi tisgrannie, I contacted them via their web site and gave them all the information I had, their reply was that they had the same information as myself. They did not mention that they had any more information. I did contemplate writing in the hope for more information but the cost was prohibative at the time, may I ask what sort of information you recieved.

Kind regards
Denise