Author Topic: Borneo Headhunters  (Read 203323 times)

rizalbob

Re: Borneo Headhunters
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »
One of the heart- rending scene when the remains reached Kuching.

rizalbob

« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2018, 11:12:02 PM »
Regretfully, my plan to make a research in London did not materialised.

Rizal

Since the last item on this subject I have been in touch with the originator of the blog that started this subject off and, for everyones interest, here is his response:

Oh! Great! I'm in the process of making my research on the exploits of the Iban Trackers and Sarawak Rangers which will finally lead me to write a book on them.  I'm now digging whatever I could find in the archives of Sarawak Museum. Sometime in October 2009, I will be going to London to do more researches. I know, the War Museum there have plenty of records.

As you can read from my blog, the Government of Sarawak has agreed with my plan to bring all the remains of the Iban Trackers and Sarawak Rangers back to Kuching.

Lt Col Robert Rizal Abdullah (Retd)  Ex- Malaysian Rangers.

As Moderator George is the expert on the Sarawak Rangers no doubt we shall be able to make some small contribution to Rizal Abdullah's research.

Robert

>

Offline george.theshed197

• sadly no longer with us
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
A marvelous PLAN BUT like many such ideas failed  to materialize (regretably) - such is life !!
George

« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »
Dear Rizal,
Following straight on from Robert's quote's - you have disappeared again ?

Was it something I said?

George.

« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »
Dear Rizal,
You have  disappeared yet again ??? Straight after Robert's quote's ???

George.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:50:12 PM by george.theshed197 »

rizalbob

« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »
Sorry Apai Tuai George. These last few weeks we are very much preoccupied with our 14th General Election, in trying to find a suitable government for the people. Glad to say we have the government that we have wished for. Secondly, I am running out of topic that I can talk about. My book THE IBAN TRACKERS AND SARAWAK RANGERS 1948 - 1963 is near ready. I am trying to find sponsors to print the book including a translated version of my autobiography into Bahasa Malaysia.

Apai Rizal

rizalbob

« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »
By the way George, do you still keep the two-page write up you have on the door sign? I have given all to Sarawak Museum without keeping a photocopy!

Rizal

« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2018, 01:00:45 PM »
I will go and recheck my previous notes give me a few minutes.

George

rizalbob

« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »
Sometime in 2010 I helped made this documentary film on Iban Trackers entitled The Last Journey to Sarawak.

https://youtu.be/RSh4I_K12cQ

« Reply #309 on: October 26, 2023, 06:18:30 AM »
It's been years in the making but my book on Iban head hunting during the Malayan Emergency has finally been published.

It is the first piece of research ever written which fully investigates the political scandal caused in April/May 1952 when photographs of British soldiers posing alongside severed heads were leaked to the press and the big stink it caused. I'd like to share that Robert Rizal Abdullah's book on Iban service with the British forces in Malay helped me uncover the names of the two Ibans in this photo, standing to the right of Malcolm MacDonald.
Though I was never active in the forums the posts here concerning Ibans were very educational and helped to direct my research.

It was published by Pen & Sword books, their website provides the cheapest copies: https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Head-Hunters-in-the-Malayan-Emergency-Hardback/p/24035
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 06:29:57 AM by Moon of the Ulu »
Researching the Malayan Emergency (1948-1960)

Offline rafboy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2023, 02:07:36 PM »
Nice to see you have it published.
Cliff
Cliff P Son of 3525679 Sgt Arthur Phillips 1st Bn Manchester Regiment and RAPC