Author Topic: HI EVERYONE  (Read 4028 times)

tess davis

HI EVERYONE
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:56:26 PM »
Hi my name is Tess im new to the forum and hoping to find any information on William John SENIOR born Salford Lancs of  21ST Battalion Manchester Regiment Reg No (28327) KIA 29th August 1916 Any information would be fantastic Regards Teresa
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:02:51 AM by Wendi »

timberman

Re: HI EVERYONE
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:08:58 PM »
Hi Teresa

Welcome to the forum.
Hopefully we can help you with some information

Timberman

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 10:19:31 AM »
Hi Tess and a Warm Welcome to our forum !

He is listed in Soldiers Died in the Great War as born in Pendleton, and is buried in Delville Wood Cemetery.

Hope that helps!

Wendi  :)

PS we try to keep Netiquette here, so I have reduced your post from "all caps"  ;)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

Offline tonyrod

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
hi tess, and welcome to the forum, a few links to help you  on the 21 st battalion, part of the 7th division.
enjoy. tonyrod.
http://www.1914-1918.net/7div.htm
http://www.ww1battlefields.co.uk/somme/delville.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Delville_Wood

tess davis

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 01:17:29 AM »
HI WENDI THANKS FOR THAT INFO I ALSO FOUND ON ANCESTRY.CO.UK HIS MEDAL INDEX CARD BUT ALAS NO SERVICE RECORDS WILLIAM JOHN SENIOR WAS BORN IN SALFORD IN 1894 ONE OF THREE BROTHERS WHO FOUGHT IN THE WAR HIS YOUNGEST BROTHER THOMAS WAS ALSO KIA 25 AUG 1918 7TH BATTALION BORDER REGIMENT MY GRANDFATHER WAS THIRD WHO SURVIVED THEY LIVED 11 BROSTER STREET SALFORD I SEARCHED THE FORUM AND NOTICED THAT MACK HAD POSTED LAST YEAR IN REPLY TO SOMEONE ABOUT 21ST BATT AND HE WAS ON LIST OF SOLDIERS HE POSTED AND THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME DEBATE AS TO WHEN THEY DIED IE 29TH AUG1916 AS CWGC SAYS OR 4TH SEPT 1916 WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT WHEN HE JOINED UP OR IF MACK HAS ANYMORE INFO STILL NEW AT THIS AND THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP REGARDS TESS

Offline tonyrod

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
hi tess, just to let you know, writing  with caps lock on his classed as shouting,  i was not aware of this for a long while myself and  i am sure you are not aware . good luck with your research. ;D tonyrod.

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »
hiya tess.
william would have joined the 27th reserve battalion,manchester regt between the 10th and 14th december 1915,most likely he was a 14th december enlister,they were stationed at prees heath under the command of Lt/colonel ledward

mack ;D

migky

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:59:54 AM »
Hi & welcome to the forum Tess.
If you don't already have photos of there graves, you can get a copy from this site but they charge £3 for each of them.
Migky  ;)

Click here 4 W.J. Senior grave photo

Click here 4 T. Senior grave photo

tess davis

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 02:58:17 AM »
hi everyone thanks for all the help tonyrod sorry for posting message in caps didnt realise mack your spot on my grandfather george henry senior enlisted 12th dec 1915 royal engineers he was a ostler/carter/horseman i have his service records you say william john senior enlisted between 10th dec/14th dec 1915 im pretty sure now they went to enlist together migky thanks so much i havent photos of william and thomas seniors graves but have emailed and is worth £6 pound of anybodies money thanks once again for everyones help regards tess