Author Topic: HENRY FOGG AUSTIN  (Read 3556 times)

Bobaus

HENRY FOGG AUSTIN
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:51:21 AM »
Hello,
I am new to the forum & am looking for information on Henry Fogg Austin.
  On his son's Wedding certificate in 1915,he was listed as ' Henry Fogg Austin (deceased),Bandsman Manchester Regiment.'
  Information on him is very sketchy,but in the 1881 Census there is a Henry Austin at the Chorlton County Barracks born abt 1860 High Wycombe in Bucks.Also in the Army Returns of Deaths in 1886 there is Henry Austin who died at Rawalpindi (aged 25).
  Does anybody have anything that they could share,or advice as to how I can find out more about this person,please?
Bob

tisgrannie

Re: HENRY FOGG AUSTIN
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »
Hello Bob and welcome to the forum. I noticed 24 people have had a peek at  your message! This tells me that our experts haven't had a peek. Unfortunately some of the main people on site are away on holiday. If you can be a little patient someone will look into it and advise as best  they can. I unfortunately don't know anything about this period. Help will come along after a couple of people return. regards
tisgrannie
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:52:27 PM by tisgrannie »

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »
Hi Bob and a Warm Welcome, as tisgrannie said !

There maybe some information regarding this chap at the National Archives, our resident sleuth is away at the moment so the best I can offer is referring you to one of their research guides section "4 Registers of Next of Kin" may be of interest  :-\

Also you could consider obtaining his death certificate via the Overseas Index which may hold clues.

Wendi  :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:08:12 PM »
It'd be even more helpful if I added the link to their Research Guide  ::)

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/RdLeaflet.asp?sLeafletID=23

Wendi  :)
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

Bobaus

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:07:04 PM »
Thanks Wendi & Tisgrannie.
  I'll have to send off for the death certificate & hope.
  Meanwhile,I will appreciate any help.
  As I cannot find a Birth Certificate for Henry's son through Civil Registration,I am wondering if he was registered in the Army lists.Also,the same applies with Henry's birth & marriage.
Bob.