Author Topic: L/cpl Albert Tommins  (Read 7218 times)

Salford_Lass

Re: L/cpl Albert Tommins
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »
I know this post is an old one, but ya never know

Albert  Tommins Family Grave is in Weaste Cemetery, I can add this to my list of photos ???  ;)

Debbie

oppy

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Hi Debbie, I know how you feel, look at how long it has taken for me to respond to this. We did have a photograph of this tombstone but sadly it is among the things that we loaned to the museum and they have managed to lose (including Albert Tommins paybook !!). So in answer to your kind offer, yes please, and if you have a grave reference No, that too would be much appreciated----------Ta
In the grounds of St Stephens church in Salford ( now sadly demolished ) there was a WW1 memorial that listed all those from the Islington area of Salford, now we have not been able to locate it. Does anyone know where it may be re located ??
Fond Regards All
Peter 'Oppie

Salford_Lass

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 11:59:03 PM »
Resurrecting again

Haven't got round to doing that Photo, will do it on Tuesday, weather permitting.

As for the Memorial, please join this forum

http://salfordwarmemorials.proboards.com/index.cgi

Oh, and Which museum did you loan those items to???? Salford???

We want to know, and if we can help get those back to you we will :)

oppy

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 09:42:28 AM »
Good Morning Debbie, Thankyou for your ongoing interest, we really do appreciate it. The Museum Of The Manchesters in Ashton was the one that we loaned some of our valuable memoriabilia relating to my wifes grandfather to. We did get some stuff back but not the most important, to us, piece------His paybook. They have offered several reasons over the last couple of years for its loss, but as the only real piece of Sue's granddad that we had, you wiil understand our dissapointment with the museum.
Peter