Drafts for India.
HC Deb 30 June 1904 vol 137 cc153-4 153
CAPTAIN NORTON (Newington, W.)
I beg to ask the Secretary of State for War if he can state the regiments, 154 batteries, and battalions proceeding to India during the next trooping season, also those regiments, batteries, and battalions which will be called upon to furnish drafts.
* THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR WAR (Mr. ARNOLD-FORSTER,) Belfast, W.
The following regiments, batteries, and battalions will proceed to India during the next trooping season:—
• 13th Hussars.
• 19th, 20th, and 28th batteries of Field Artillery.
• 62nd, 64th, 77th, and 81st Companies of Garrison Artillery.
• 2nd battalion Royal Fusiliers.
• 2nd battalion Cheshire Regiment.
• 1st battalion Royal Irish Regiment.
• 1st battalion Highland Light Infantry.
• 1st battalion Manchester Regiment.
As regards drafts every regiment, battery, and battalion in India or the Colonies will require them during the next trooping season, and in the case of cavalry and artillery the drafts will be found from their groups, and in the case of infantry from their linked battalions.
© Parliamentary copyright