Author Topic: A Short History of 63rd of Foot in Western Australia 1829 - 1833 Walter Dennison  (Read 7813 times)

gggwilson

We came across this little book (27 pages including photographs of weapons) for a very reasonable price and snapped it up.  This forum has been so incredible at unearthing family details for us we wanted to pay the favour forward and see if we could provide some much needed information to someone seeking information about their family. There is a wealth of information about marriages, births and deaths, and a number of incidents relating to members of the 63rd of interest.

I would dearly like to be able to scan this little booklet and make it available to forum members, however my only concern is that I may be breaching some kind of copyright law by doing so.  There is no indication of any copyright notice in the book, nor is there any indication that the material may not be copied or distributed in any way. It seems that it may have been privately published as a preamble to a bigger reference book.

Any advice?

Gill

gggwilson

This is a picture of the cover of the book

Offline charlie

• Administrator
Thanks Gill,
I can't really give any advice on the copyright, but it would seem to have been published in 1978 so would still be under copyright if one was taken out. I had a look at "Worldcat" and it looks like the only copies in libraries are all in Australia. An option would be to donate it to the Regimental archives.

Charlie

gggwilson

Hi Charlie, we would be happy to donate as a small token of our thanks for all the help forum members have provided. There's some pretty good stuff in the small number of pages. Please let me know where to send it.

Offline charlie

• Administrator
Gill,
Thats very kind of you, it might be an idea to send them an email first just to make sure they do not have a copy, I doubt it but one can never be certain. Their contact information is at the bottom of the page

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/archives/manchesterregiment

Charlie

sphinx

This book is regularly for sale on ebay at a cheap price, although not at present.

I think you will find it is already in the local studies library as a reference book.

regards