Author Topic: Walter Ibbotsen Hulme  (Read 904 times)

Offline granddaughter

Walter Ibbotsen Hulme
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
Hello.

This is my first time on this site and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am the Grandaughter of Walter Ibbotsen Hulme who I believe served in 2/6th Battalion. Walter was also known for writing "The Road to Valhalla" I was very young but can remember being told of my Grandfather's writing skills by by late Father Bryan Hulme. I have attempted in the past to acquire this book but without success. If anyone can assist or advise with locating a copy I would very much appreciate it as now I am older and an avid reader it would be a priviledge to be able to read a book written by my Grandfather.

Offline Robert Bonner

• Administrator
Re: Walter Ibbotsen Hulme
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 10:45:45 AM »
I have replied seperately to 'granddaughter'. The coincidence is astonishing as it is only this week that copies of the edited second edition of this splendid little book, written by a member of D Company 2/6th Manchesters, actually rolled off the press. I will put details on the forum later but copies will shortly be available from the museum and at Ardwick.

Robert
Robert

Offline GGD

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »
I have searched for this book on Amazon but not been able to find it - I would be really interested in finding out how to order a copy.

Helena

Offline charlie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »
Helena,
The book is available from the Regimental Museum.
http://www.tameside.gov.uk/museumsgalleries/mom/publications

Charlie

Offline GGD

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 05:46:58 PM »
Very many thanks for this Charlie
I have ordered the book and am looking forward to reading it.
Best wishes
Helena