Author Topic: Lt J A Rowbottom  (Read 6371 times)

E M Lockwood

Re: Lt J A Rowbottom
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 03:19:53 AM »
Mack and Chris - you are both amazing!
Mack any thoughts on why he would be registered to vote?? Were his parents in denial? Could he have registered really early i.e. in the summer of 1917?

Chris - thank you for the details of his death. What is the scanned document from - looks old.

Really I can't thank you enough for all the help you have been - as you can tell I'm hungry for any tid bits I can get. This is when I'd kill for an hour with my grandmother.....all those stories that I didn't pay much attention to as a kid.
Emma

Offline harribobs

• Site Monkey
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 07:33:44 AM »
you're welcome

the document is the battalion casualty report for september, the details are from the war diary
“It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply
  to serve as a warning to others."

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »
Mack and Chris - you are both amazing!
Mack any thoughts on why he would be registered to vote?? Were his parents in denial? Could he have registered really early i.e. in the summer of 1917?

Chris - thank you for the details of his death. What is the scanned document from - looks old.

Really I can't thank you enough for all the help you have been - as you can tell I'm hungry for any tid bits I can get. This is when I'd kill for an hour with my grandmother.....all those stories that I didn't pay much attention to as a kid.
Emma
i dont have a clue how he ended up in the register emma.
but ime glad he did,cos it supports my theory,that many men registered their votes before 1918,i have found a couple of others who were killed in late 1917,listed in the registers.
mack ;D

E M Lockwood

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:31:01 AM »
Mack - somehow that is very poignant and very sad.