Author Topic: Manchester Badge Photos  (Read 3563 times)

whizzbang

Manchester Badge Photos
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
I have a presumptuous request to make but I am out of options... does anyone have photos of the badge displays at the Manchester Regiment Museum or would anyone be willing to take some on their next visit? Assuming it is allowed, of course! I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic and likely won't have a chance to visit the museum for the foreseeable future. I am a dedicated collector of Manchester Regiment badges but lack any comprehensive reference books (and I have many of the good ones on British badges, such as Cox and K&K - they are unfortunately missing many of the Manchester Regiment badges). Chris/Harribobs and Simon/Sphinx have been great sources of badges for my collection and information on other badges I have acquired (thanks, gents!) but I'd like to have some good reference photos of all the badges I intend to collect ;D

Cheers,

Ian.

Offline Robert Bonner

• Administrator
Re: Manchester Badge Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »
Ian.
 No need to be presumptious.  I suggest that you write to the Museum Curator.  The address is on the museum website.
Robert

Offline 1954gladiator

• 44510 A-Cpl Stanley Vince Man.R 20th & 22nd Bn's
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »
Hi Ian

It's your lucky day!............enjoy  :)

If you PM me your personal email address I will send you all my Manchester Regiment Museum images in High Res as a Zip file......images are of VC winners, Uniforms etc.etc.

Best wishes.

Clive
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:30:39 PM by greatbeanbags »
What we do in life echoes in eternity!

whizzbang

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
Hi Clive,

Thanks for your generous offer!  PM sent.

Robert - thanks for the suggestion - I will see what Clive has then I can make a more specific request.

Cheers, Ian.

Offline harribobs

• Site Monkey
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »
or........

you could check out the badge section on the main site here

regimental badges
“It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply
  to serve as a warning to others."

whizzbang

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 08:20:06 PM »
Hi Chris,

I've definitely done that and the photos and badges are excellent. I'm guessing that those pics cover most of what I am interested in but from the few snippets I know about the museum there are even more minor variations in badge patterns covered there, plus labels describing each badge.

Incidentally, Garry Smith, the curator of the Manchester Regiment Museum, was kind enough to send me some very good photos of a selection of badges. I think in order to get more I will have to get over to the UK for a visit... :)

Cheers, Ian.