Author Topic: FEPOW Day 15th August 2010 - Liverpool  (Read 7245 times)

Offline rafboy

• Global Moderator
FEPOW Day 15th August 2010 - Liverpool
« on: June 04, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »
If anyone is interested in attending the memorial service detailed below or can help in any way please contact the NESA Webmaster via the link below.
The PDF file I received with this is too large to post but the full details will be on the NESA website shortly.  If anyone would like the PDF file please PM me with contact details and I will forward it to you.
Cliff

Dear All

Along with the Irish Guards Singers based in Liverpool, NESA are organising a FEPOW remembrance service for Sunday August 15th 2010.
The ecumenical service will be held by the Rev. John Williams (ex RN Padre).

We were hoping to arrange a small parade from a nearby memorial field to the church.
However we are struggling to find a band free to take part - with all 23 military bands on summer leave and the civilian bands approached so far unable to take part.

I will be spending the next week attempting to locate a band able to take part.
If this is not possible then we will have to cancel our plans for a parade and go ahead with the service and buffet only.

We hope that you and your members and associates will be able to attend and that you can help us by advertising the event accordingly.

An updated information pack and application form for tickets to the buffet (cost £10 each) will be accessible on our website at www.nesa.org.uk in the near future.
In the meantime if you wish to use the form enclosed with the sample information pack attached please do.

Any other help in organising this event would be much appreciated.
Our funds are low and any further donations would be most welcome, as would any practical assistance which your organisations can offer.

In particular we need help organising:

1. Brass/Pipe band and band parade marshal
2. A bugler for last post
3. Speakers to make address during the service & exultation
4. Poetry readers for buffet
5. Organisation of standards and standard bearers for church
6. Information stall / stand at church and club
7. Advertising the event

All ex and serving forces charities attending are invited to hold information/fundraising stall/stands at church and club. 

kind regards

Robert Eyre
www.nesa.org.uk
Webmaster/Acting Secretary
Cliff P Son of 3525679 Sgt Arthur Phillips 1st Bn Manchester Regiment and RAPC