Author Topic: DUNLOP, Frederick Cleave Strickland  (Read 3923 times)

liverpool annie

DUNLOP, Frederick Cleave Strickland
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »

I was going through my lists of Channel Islanders and came across these boys .... 4 boys served ... 3 fell ! :'(

DUNLOP, Frederick Cleave Strickland - St.H. Captain 1st Bn., Manchester Regiment K 08/11/1914. Age 36. Son of Dr. Andrew Dunlop; husband of Maud McClure Dunlop, of 34, Cyril Mansions, Battersea Park, London. ROYAL IRISH RIFLES GRAVEYARD, LAVENTIE Pas de Calais, France Grave Number: I. A. I.

DUNLOP, Julian Silver Strickland - St.H. Captain 1st Bn. , South Staffordshire Regiment K 24/10/1914. Age 38. Son of Andrew Dunlop, M.D., of Belgrave House, Jersey, Channel Islands. Gazetted to a commission in 1895; Lt. 1898; Capt. 1904; A.D.C. to Sir Frederick Fryer, Lt. Governor of Burmah. Adjt. 4th (Spec. Res.) Bn. S. Staffordshire Regt. Four other brothers served, two of whom fell. Cemetery: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL Ieper, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium Panel Number: Panel 35 and 37

DUNLOP, Kenneth Strickland - St.H. Second Lieutenant 4th, attd. 1st Bn., South Staffordshire Regiment K 26/09/1915. Age 33. Son of Alice and the late Andrew Dunlop, M.D., of Belgrave House, Jersey. His four brothers also fought, two of whom were killed. Born in Jersey. Cemetery: VERMELLES BRITISH CEMETERY Pas de Calais, France Grave Number: I. E. 27.

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
Re: DUNLOP, Frederick Cleave Strickland
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:23:16 PM »
dr andrew dunlop had eight sons,valentine died at ladsmith in the boer war

mack ;D

liverpool annie

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:21:53 AM »

DUNLOP Frederick Cleave Strickland Captain. Dr. Dunlop's fourth son, he was born in Jersey 14/12/1877, entering the Victoria College in 1888 till 1896. Commissioned in 3rd Royal Militia Island of Jersey and the same year was appointed to the Manchester Regiment in Gibraltar. The 1st Manchesters sailed for South Africa (Natal) just prior to the Boer war. During the siege of Ladysmith he acted as transport officer, and later took part in operations in Lydenburg. Received QSA & 3 clasps. Post war he was Adjutant with the Malabar Rifles, rejoining his regiment during the Coronation Durbar. On the outbreak of WW1 he accompanied his regiment to France with the BEF and was killed by a snipers bullet on 08/11/1914. He left a widow Maud McClure, daughter of Surgeon general J.T.Williams, Madras Medical Service, of Heathfield, Jersey, and a son and daughter.

JC

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »
Dunlop, Frederick Cleave Strickland of Belgrave House, St Helier, Jersey. Captain Manchester Regiment died 8 November 1914 in France in action. Probate London 29 December to Harry John Strickland company director.
Effects £749 0s 5d