Author Topic: Hello from Canada  (Read 3101 times)

whizzbang

Hello from Canada
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »
I recently joined the forum and this is my first post. I am interested in WW1 history and collect WW1 Canadian (CEF) and select British badges (mainly the Manchester Regiment). My interest in the Manchester Regiment stems from the fact that my Great Uncle served in WW1 in the 1/6th Manchester Battalion and was killed near Havrincourt, France in the last few weeks of the war. I have some details about him but have more questions. I will post what I know in the 1914-1918 section and my questions and see what I get!

I've corresponded briefly with Harribobs in the past - bought a few really excellent Manchester Regiment badges from him!

I've has a look through this site and it looks excellent. I am looking forward to learning more about the Regiment.

Cheers, Ian.

tisgrannie

Hello from Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:32:07 AM »
Hello Ian and a warm welcome to the forum, have you looked at the Bn listings on the mother site?
www.themanchesters.org We do have a section on the Canadians that were in the regt I believe from Halifax, if I remember. The people with the knowledge will be on in the not too distant future!
1.30am here.
See  you around site
tisgrannie

whizzbang

Re: Hello from Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:23 PM »
Hello Ian and a warm welcome to the forum, have you looked at the Bn listings on the mother site?
www.themanchesters.org We do have a section on the Canadians that were in the regt I believe from Halifax, if I remember. The people with the knowledge will be on in the not too distant future!
1.30am here.
See  you around site
tisgrannie

Thanks tisgrannie - I've got lots of surfing to do to get familiar with all this site offers! My Great Uncle and all my Mum's family were from Cheshire - around Hale and Knutsford :). Cheers, Ian.