Author Topic: Borneo Headhunters  (Read 117652 times)

Offline george.theshed197

• Global Moderator
Re: Borneo Headhunters
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »
Bringing everyone right up to date
Problems within the Sarawak Rangers Veterans Association - April 2015.

Morning All,

I am not sure whether or not  you are aware of the latest  news relating to Rizal Abdullah's SRVA problems or not, hence this note to you.

Read his BLOG

http://pgbwarrior.blogspot.co.uk/

Insofar as I can make out there is nothing that we do for him as I, being the only honorary member of the SRVA in the UK, BUT as this is the only update that you are likely to see I just thought that some of you might like to have been advised if the situation.

Regards to all,

Apai Tuai George

Offline Robert Bonner

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2015, 10:05:08 AM »
Thanks George.  It really is a very sad conclusion.
Robert

• Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »
Let us remember once again our fifteen former comrades whom we left behind in Malaya in 1954.

They shall grow not old as we are that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them now the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning - We WILL remember them.

Sleep well old friends.

Apai tuai George.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:09:21 PM by george.theshed197 »

• Global Moderator
Let us continue to Remember the 16 who are still holding the "FORT".
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
Including the two still buried in the Sungie Inis Forest Reserve, with No Known Grave Marker.
George

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »
Dear Apai Tuai George,

Those areas that you mentioned were my hunting grounds when Chin Peng embarked on his second phase of the Emergency from 1970 until they gave up their struggles in 1989.

Apai Rizal

Yes. Its the old man again,
How many of you "Old Jungle Bunnies" and I use that title very loosely, have ever read any of the older books written of the days relating back to those days of early 1942 and firstly the Fall of Singapore and the ultimate fate of many of those POW's ; of places such as Changi and Kanchanaburri and events during and under the Japs ?
Recently I have been doing precisely this, including E. Spencer Chapman's " The Jungle is NeutraL" and his colleagues of the efforts they made to try to achieve contact with the MPAJA many of whom we later with other units we came to know as C.T's or Terrorists- The Bandits.!!
With a great deal of effort and much scratching of heads can any of you try to recall some of the areas that  our Bn's Companies covering the areas of Perlis; Perak; Kedah & Pahang concerning, thrashed around such as 'The Betong Salient' of the Kroh/Ayer Tasek/ Klian Intan ; The Cameron Highlands; The 'Bidor area of Tapah; Gunong Tahun etc and The Tin Taiings and the numerous others such as areas of Triang,Temorloh and Mentakab etc.??
I am trying to correlate some of the wanderings of Col. Chapman's books along with those of some of his  and some of your memories may help me to associate  with some of his references.

Your's - assistance and help would be appreciated.

Apai Tuai George.

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2018, 07:53:17 AM »
Dear All,

Sorry to paint an unhappy picture. I didn't know you are reading my blog. Anyway thanks for your concern. I have settled that hiccup with our Registrar of Society. I had to tell them the best solution was to deregister the association. And that was what they did. My supporters formed a new Association called Persatuan Veterans Tentera Kor Renjer while the other party still cling to the old name of Sarawak Rangers Veterans Association.

Apai Rizal

Bringing everyone right up to date
Problems within the Sarawak Rangers Veterans Association - April 2015.

Morning All,

I am not sure whether or not  you are aware of the latest  news relating to Rizal Abdullah's SRVA problems or not, hence this note to you.

Read his BLOG

http://pgbwarrior.blogspot.co.uk/

Insofar as I can make out there is nothing that we do for him as I, being the only honorary member of the SRVA in the UK, BUT as this is the only update that you are likely to see I just thought that some of you might like to have been advised if the situation.

Regards to all,

Apai Tuai George

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
Dear Apai Tuai George,

Now that the 21 graves of the Iban Trackers and Sarawak Rangers have been reburied in the Heroes Grave in Kuching through Op Mai Pulai (Op Bringing Home) on 27 July 2011, I also have noticed that there were no bones in the graves when they were exhumed. Meaning, all had been buried in-situ, deep in the jungles.

Would you like to see pictures of the reburial ceremony in Kuching? It was a heart-rending sight when the next of kins came and wrapped their arms around the headstones. There were not a single dry eyes that day!

Apai Rizal

Many thanks for that link Bob,
Now that I have had the time to go through the entire document (all 32 pages of it) I am curious - in the KIA casualty listings they have my Cpl Adrian (No. 11 on their listings), the one killed at the same time as 2/Lt Raingill, down as a Pte. Correct me if I am wrong - neither of their bodies were ever recovered were they and they were buried where they died out in the ulu.
Looking forward to more 'encouraging' comments in the future  ;D
Take care,
George,

• Global Moderator
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2018, 11:43:03 AM »
Yes please rizal , the news is raising some  minor problems for me.
Apai TuaI George.

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2018, 11:16:25 PM »
Ok George. But first I will have to learn how to insert the photos. I'm not so competent with the computers.

Apai Rizal

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2018, 04:53:14 AM »
Reburial of Iban Trackers and Sarawak Rangers in the Heroes Grave in Kuching on 27 July 2011.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:55:10 AM by rizalbob »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »
Regret to advise that there is only ONE being shown rizal; maybe you will need to print them all indivually[.
George

• Global Moderator
rizalbob/ Borneo Headhunters
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2018, 10:54:19 AM »
rizabob,
The date appears to be July 2011 -  which  I received   years AGO ???

Looks as if you might need assistance or advice to send these.
George

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »
Yes, I have tried to send in more photos but couldn't upload them. I do need help.

Rizal

rizabob,
The date appears to be July 2011 -  which  I received   years AGO ???

Looks as if you might need assistance or advice to send these.
George

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #298 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »
The Heroes Grave where the 21 Iban Trackers and Sarawak Rangers were finally laid to rest on 27 July 2011.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:59:42 PM by rizalbob »

Offline rizalbob

« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2018, 01:01:56 PM »
The Epitaph