Author Topic: Hi am looking for info on SGT TIMMY DWYER,22559936,MANCS REG, MALAYA  (Read 2732 times)

dwyer247

ANY HELP PLEASE ON SGT,T.DWYER, 22559966 MANCS REG
I KNOW HE SERVED IN MALAYA BUTS ABOUT ANY INFO WOULD HELP THANKS
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:36:21 PM by dwyer247 »

Offline harribobs

• Site Monkey
  • Global Moderator
hi Dwyer247

and welcome to the forum

this is not my area of expertise but i suspect we may be able to help you

good luck

chris
“It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply
  to serve as a warning to others."

Offline rafboy

• Global Moderator
Hi Dwyer 247
The 1st Battalion The Manchester Regiment served in Malaya from 1951 to 1954.  You can get hold of a very good book covering the Bn's time there from the Regimental Museum in Ashton Under Lyne.  It is called "Jungle Bashers" and is written by Captain Robbert Bonner.  Robert may come up with some information for you later.
Have a look at the "Photos By Battalion" section and go to the "Far East Photos".  There are several photos of mine there from the time the 1st Bn served in Malaya.
Sgt Timmy Dwyer's Service Number is from a batch issued between November 1950 to October 1955.
Cliff
Cliff P Son of 3525679 Sgt Arthur Phillips 1st Bn Manchester Regiment and RAPC

Offline george.theshed197

• sadly no longer with us
Hi there Dwyer 247,
I have checked through my Mailing/membership lists as the first Treasurer of the M.V.A.; through the book 'Jungle Bashers', contacted several Mess members who were Senior ranks from Malaya/Formby and Berlin and regret to advise that none of us can recall such a person as the one you are looking for. I would suggest that you contact the Secretary of the Malayan Veterans Association through the office at Ardwick and see if she can help you in this matter.
Sorry ,
George Swetman.