Author Topic: Kearsley's brothers for Ince Wigan  (Read 10181 times)

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
Re: Kearsley's brothers for Ince Wigan
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »
He sure is! Thank you for this, but how do you know about the best man? Who was another residence of Kay's.
i know everything margaret ;)
the brides sister,maggie ashton,was the other witness
was levi a butcher by trade,and later moved to 45 victoria st,wigan

mack ;D

flowerpot mum

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 02:35:47 PM »
Ok so who are you? and how do you know me?  ???

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »
Ok so who are you? and how do you know me?  ???
hiya margaret.
i sometimes go on the wigan forum,when ime looking for soldiers from the 14th manchesters[wigan pals] or the 1/5th manchesters[wigan].
i had a gander at the kays houses thread,good luck with your search for info,you have certainly grafted long and hard.

mack ;D

flowerpot mum

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »
 :)Thanks for the good wishes, but lots of people like yourself have helped with the grafting bit, but as am sad I have spent many many hours searching. but I am really pleased with the project so far and you are really helping with the years after the 1911, lots of people have helped with thier own living knowledge of the families, but few know much before the 1930's so keep on sending any info and Ill keep on saying thanks, ill prob be bugging you a lot at weekend when I update all this lot! ???

flowerpot mum

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 01:08:24 PM »
Hi Mach one of my Kay's families - Halliwells has found my godfather listed at Hay's Houses, so must be a error, he lived at Kays all his life, so might be some more listed under Hay's possiblily?  ::)

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
hiya margaret.
i checked all the different scenarios,hays,keys,kays etc,couldnt find any more men,there should be more info,when the rest of the records come online.

mack ;D

flowerpot mum

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »
Thanks for checking this guy was Richard Halliwell. Speak soon  :)

flowerpot mum

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »
hiya flower.
i have updated william halliwells info for you.

are these folks your kin

pte 21975 john green
3rd loyal north lancs regt
enlisted 6-9-15
aged 38
born 1877
collier
14 kays houses
married miss elizabeth kearsley,at st.marys church,on 1-10-1898
children
william 28-4-1900
ellen 5-10-1902
lily 12-8-1905
agnes 26-6-1911
john 29-8-1914
james 22-8-1917
transferred to machine gun corps training centre,on 1-1-16
discharged as medically unfit,suffering from myalgia in shoulders+legs,originated in france,after being exposed to bad weather

that should save you buying a good few birth certificates ;D ;D.

ime a bit puzzled by the addresses,william halliwell,says his address,is 9 little westwood AND 9 kays houses.is it the same place

mack ;D

Thank's from more kin!

Today I told James' grandaughter about her paternal Great grandad John Green, who is also her maternal Greatx3 Uncle. Sounds confusing but has allowed me to link for her, family members within her own living memory and one before she was born. The past making bridges with the present. This is a passion of mine and this formun has given me the bricks to build this bridge, thank you.

flowerpot mum

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 02:01:47 AM »
hiya flower.
heres two more for you.

pte 17175 john holland
enlisted 16-3-15
aged 23
3rd south lancs regt
11 kays houses
occupation,collier
married his wife jane,on 12-9-14,at st andrews church
son thomas,born 6-11-14
discharged as medically unfit[mentally deficient] on 27-5-16
moved to 13 holt st,woodhouse lane,wigan
enlisted with his brother,thomas

pte P7073 joseph johnson
enlisted 4-10-15
aged 39
loyal north lancs regt[TF]
born may 1876
11 kays houses
wife jane
discharged as medically unfit[chronic rheumatism] on 17-2-16.

mack ;D
Hiya Mack, not heard from you in a while, hope your keeping well. Have you anymore info on Joseph Johnson, the family name does not turn up at Kay's until later, and there seem to be a lot of recruits from No. 11 Kays. Can you shed any light on it for me. Cheers

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 05:15:06 AM »
hiya margaret.
the holland brothers lived at 11 kays,when they enlisted in 1915,both were married at the time.
joseph johnson,was also living at 11 kays,in 1915
is it possible,that one family lived in the back,and the other family,in the front
john holland had moved out,by 1916[update,his wifes maiden name,was jane wiggins]

mack

flowerpot mum

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »
He sure is! Thank you for this, but how do you know about the best man? Who was another residence of Kay's.
i know everything margaret ;)
the brides sister,maggie ashton,was the other witness
was levi a butcher by trade,and later moved to 45 victoria st,wigan

mack ;D

Hiya Mack

Im getting more brave with army reseach and trying to find/read some docs for myself, slow going as Im so new at it and dont quite understand the lanuage fully, but just found out how you knew the witnesses at marriage! Thanks for the tips and keep them coming please ;)

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
if you have any trouble with the language,post it on here,the gang will explain them.
army records are like doctors prescriptions,other doctors can understand the writing and so can the chemist,but its all chinese too us ;D ;D

mack ;D

nicko576

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »
Flowerpot Mum
I came across this soldier the other day, he may be of interest to you
Pte William Duddle
C Company
1/5th Manchesters.
William was a married man with one child who lived at 39 Kays houses. however his widow and child moved to Warrington Road.
William was shot during the great charge of June 4th. His brother Cpl Henry Duddle also C Company, on seeing his brother fall, went out under fire and brought his brother back, unfortunately William died on the 8th June 1915.
Nick

flowerpot mum

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
Thank you so much, this is not one of my family, but is one of the Kay's family that Im researching and someone how is helping me has been looking for Henry.  :) I will update my records and pass the info on. Just because Im cheeky have you the name of William's wife and child and was there any information on other family members of Henry?

Thank you to everyone who is helping me searching the soldiers from Kay's, the information is so helpful and very informative to up date the Kay's Families after 1911, please keep it coming :-*

nicko576

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
Flowerpot Mum
I am sorry I have no info on any spouses, of either William or Henry.
However Henry's service records are on Ancestry. Henrys address in 1912 was also 39 Kays houses, so that is obviously where Henry and William lived with their parents before their marriages. Henry had a bit of a rum time later on in the war. He was in hospital in May 1917. Then in Feb 1918 he deserted, and was arrested in April in Wigan. There are a list of charges against him, and he spent seven months in Military detention, finally he was discharged in January 1919, residing at 9 Preston Street, Tyldesley. Some of the things Henry must have seen, espeically his dying brother must have had an effect on him.
Nick