Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! Trying to trace a sargeant major/rsm?James Palmer-Modified-again  (Read 9799 times)

Offline Wendi

• Administrator
  • Peeking into the past
however thankyou for the pointer will try and pursue that...kammy
I hope I don't sound like a great grandma here, but it' s really important that, if you are going to pursue family history, and it is going to MEAN anything .......that's the way you HAVE to Do It !!!

I'm only saying this to save you loads of heart ache when you have traced a family on the WWW to find that simple research early on could have saved you 100 days of worthless research, when you find the chaps you have traced arn't really your Blood.

At the end of the day, it's up to you!

Wendi
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

kammy

many thanks for your advice I know what you are saying but I have found the help here invaluable as I am not computer literate and it is really for my dad - I have had immense pleasure receiving this information as I know that even in a month of Sundays I would NEVER have made it - I am trying on the Mayo front but the Palmer ''leads'' are beyond me and my skills..just in case you think I am completely lazy and delegating everything - I would hate anyone to think that I am taking advantage as I REALLY do appreciate it - a HUGE thanks to everyone
kammy