Author Topic: William Henry Fogg  (Read 2452 times)

Salford_Lass

William Henry Fogg
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
Hiya

Looking for any more info for Henry, have looked on Ancestry but can't seem to locate him, was hoping to find out if his next of kin is who I think it is.

According to AVL he lived 7 Taylor street, ordsall area, and I have from that 788 2nd Manchesters.
On the AVL he is down as Fagg, pretty certain this is a mistake.

Have noticed another mistake as well, will I contact Mack or put it one here somewhere????

Hoping someone can help

Debbie

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
Re: William Henry Fogg
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »
hiya deb.
i cant find this bloke,hes not in the MICs
you will come across loads of errors in the AVLs,the clerks who typed them up,will have had trouble reading some of the registration cards made out by the soldiers.

mack

Salford_Lass

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »
Hi Mack

Not much I can do with that one then lol  :'(

The other mistake, really for reference more than anything.

John Morris 34210 is listed at 2 ruth street and also at 320 Ordsall Lane

The one on Ordsall Lane we believe had a Bike Shop, so he isn't ours, but the 2 ruth street is.

Although I think we have one of their records, I can't be 100% sure, as if we have My cousin has it.

The point I am trying to make is have we got the wrong one, or has the wrong number been attached to the Ordsall Lane one?????

I am sure you can work it out  ???

Will leave that one with you for now.

Speak soon

Debbie

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:00:54 AM »
if both of them give the same regiment,then hes the same man,registering a vote,from 2 different addresses.
theres loads of them in the AVLs,i found a soldier,who voted,from 4 different addresses.

mack