Author Topic: Yet Another Joe McCormick Manchester Regiment and Royal Engineers.  (Read 3041 times)

M/C P

I know very little about my first cousin x1, Joseph McCormick, I have only been able to trace him in the 1901 census when he was living with my Great Grandfather, Joseph McCormick, the 1st, at 114 Rutland Street, Hulme, later 12 Mulberry Street, Hulme. All I know is that he lived with my Gt Grandfather until he was about 16. He was born 1890/91.I can recall that he served in the War, and looking at the Roll of Honour on CWGC he appears to have survived.From his Medal card he was first in the Manchester Regiment, before transferring to the Royal Engineers. Would that mean perhaps that he was more useful in the Engineers? I have checked the National Roll of the Great War for Manchester and Salford, but unfortunately there are several that only show the initial J, but I will keep these as although they do not refer to the Mancester Regiment they may have an address or something else that later strikes a chord.
On the limited information below can anyone tell me any personal details about him? If not I will quite understand and thank you anyway.
Thank you 
Pat
Description Medal card of McCormick, Joseph
Corps Regiment No Rank
Manchester Regiment 2720 Private
Royal Engineers 151640 Private
Date 1914-1920
Catalogue reference WO 372/12 

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
Re: Yet Another Joe McCormick Manchester Regiment and Royal Engineers.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »
this is the only,joe mccormick that i could find in hulme,in 1917.
driver.T4/247938 joseph mccormick
1/3rd east lancs ASC
54 park st.hulme

mack

M/C P

Re: Yet Another Joe McCormick Manchester Regiment and Royal Engineers.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »
Thank you very much Mack, I think that could be him, and I have seen Park Street somewhere else either in my memory or with something I have researched before.
So, I will revisit this one thoroughly.
You have been so kind to me, and when I have something more definite I will come back to this thread and tell you.
I am having some success with Christopher Toole, on the information you gave me there, but not conclusive enough to tell you yet.
Thank you again,
Pat

P.S. Mack, not mine. He had a brother called Francis killed at the age of 19. This  Joseph at 54 Park Street was born 1896-7. Do have other research available if anyone else becomes interested in their family.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:04:54 PM by M/C P »