Author Topic: East Lancs Branch WFA  (Read 15781 times)

Fritz Bayer

East Lancs Branch WFA
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
...the schedule for the rest of the year...

Wednesday August 13th 2008:  Due to the holiday season, this meeting is cancelled with an interim meeting being held in September in its stead.

Wednesday September 10th 2008: Branch meeting.  7:30pm at Nelson House, Nelson Square, Burnley.   ...             

Speaker - Niall Cherry , Subject - Messines

Wednesday October 8th 2008: Branch meeting.  7:30pm at Nelson House, Nelson Square, Burnley.  ... 

Speaker - Fred Stringer, Subject - "They are Not Forgotten", the war memorials of Nelson, Lancashire

Wednesday December 10th 2008: Branch meeting.  7:30pm at Nelson House, Nelson Square, Burnley.  ... 

Speaker - TBA, but possibly either "Identifying the Dead Pt.1 - Identity tags 1869 - 1918" or "Trench Maps in the Digital Age" by my good self :P

Dave

Branch website URL for updates ... http://www.pathsofglory.co.uk/WFAELB%20FRONTPAGE.htm

Fritz Bayer

Re: East Lancs Branch WFA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:33:42 PM »
Update and change for the December 10th meeting... (seeing as I didn't get my butt in gear in time to announce it in "Stand To!"(!))

The next branch meeting will be on December 10th (Nelson House Masonic Hall, Burnley - 19:30 for a 20:00 start) and the subject is to be "Monty's mentor" by Terry Dean.

full details to be found (after tomorrow) on the WFA webpages and on the branch website - http://www.pathsofglory.co.uk/WFAELB%20INTROPAGE.htm

Dave.

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:32:14 AM »
hiya dave.
i need your help,a guy called michael mcguigan contacted me a few weeks ago,he said that his parents were members of the WFA,and they told him about my quest for photos of manchesters.
michael wrote to me,and gave his E.mail address,and his home address,i E.mailed him,AND it bounced back,i also wrote,BUT no answer,he has several albums of photos,of the 11th batt,that his grandfather took,in 1915/16/17.
i dont want to give out michaels address on an open forum,he lives in teddington,which branch,of the WFA does this come under.

mack

Fritz Bayer

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »
No idea really, Mack.

Dependant on which Teddington, I suppose it could be either the London branch or the Cheltenham & Gloucester branch, but no-one actually "belongs" to a set branch anyway so they could, I suppose, go to any or none. The chairman of the branches should have contact details of every WFA member within their general area though.

Have you thought of posting a request on the WFA forum to attempt contact?

Dave

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 12:53:35 AM »
thanks dave.
i will try that.

mack ;D

Fritz Bayer

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
Update and change for the December 10th meeting... (seeing as I didn't get my butt in gear in time to announce it in "Stand To!"(!))

The next branch meeting will be on December 10th (Nelson House Masonic Hall, Burnley - 19:30 for a 20:00 start) and the subject is to be "Monty's mentor" by Terry Dean.

full details to be found (after tomorrow) on the WFA webpages and on the branch website - http://www.pathsofglory.co.uk/WFAELB%20INTROPAGE.htm

Dave.

Just a reminder ;)

Offline harribobs

• Site Monkey
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:09:43 AM »
dave

are you going to stick to this thread or start a new one for 2009?

chris
“It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply
  to serve as a warning to others."

Fritz Bayer

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 04:38:03 PM »
I'll probably stick to this thread for now as I'm "relinquishing my command" next month anyway (if someone else is willing to step into the breach). I simply can't spare the time to be chairman of the branch for much longer (never wanted to be anyway - all i wanted to do was start the branch off!!!)

dave.