Author Topic: Regimental colour tie? Watch strap?  (Read 418 times)

Offline mhargreaves

• rsm john hargreavesmc 22nd manchesters:seeking inf
Regimental colour tie? Watch strap?
« on: July 07, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »
What is the official designation of the Manchester colours as featured on say a tie?

Is there a contemporary document that defines the colour? I have read a 1920s doc for Lancashire regiment prescribing formal dress, mess dress, dinner attireetc
On regiment tie website some list the tie as green with an pale grey stripe, on the snapshot below the ribbon appears yellow. This may be the same as the Devon regiment ?

I m looking for a source that defines the colours

Also watch straps NATO type now are color banded for regiments. Does a Manchester one exist? Did it ever? What colour would it be. IE what shade of green and what band pale yellow or gray?
Matthew Hargreaves
My great grandfather RSM John Hargreaves M.C. served with the 22nd Battalion Manchester Regiment

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
Re: Regimental colour tie? Watch strap?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »
ive always known them to be green and yellow

mack

Offline Robert Bonner

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »
Mack is quite correct although always referred to as 'Lincoln Green and old gold'  These are traditionally the colours of the 63rd Regiment.  The 2nd Battalion originally carried on the traditions of the 96th Regiment and had its own tie which can be seen on some of  the older photographs in the archive collection.   Unfortunately I have never come across any written instructions although I'm sure that the regtl tailor's guide would have included something.

The TA battalions produced their own interpretations from time to time.
Robert

Offline mhargreaves

• rsm john hargreavesmc 22nd manchesters:seeking inf
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 07:59:34 AM »
Many thanks.
Matthew Hargreaves
My great grandfather RSM John Hargreaves M.C. served with the 22nd Battalion Manchester Regiment